Dietz & Company Architects, Inc. is recruiting exceptional talent for our growing firm. We are a 100% employee-owned company and are dedicated to the growth and careers of our employees.
Applicants must be able to work well and communicate with internal and external team members, be open-minded, hard-working, detail-oriented, and proactive. Dietz & Company Architects, Inc. is a community-spirited, client-focused firm. For over thirty-six years we've designed spaces, buildings and communities where people want to be. We take pride in our work and we are serious about providing a high level of service with every project, big or small.
We value intelligence. We hire intelligent people. We have an ongoing commitment to providing educational development opportunities and cutting edge technology to our team members. We are looking to find the right person to add to our team in the role of Architectural Associate.
The primary function of the Architectural Associate is to work from the design of others and perform routine architectural assignments in collaboration with key project team members in an effective and efficient manner. The role also requires:
- Develop project designs with Architect by designing and developing floor plans, sections, and elevations
- Assisting in document production, producing schematic space plans based on programmatic information, researching products and materials for project use
- Perform site / building documentation
- Produce renderings, color boards and other presentation materials
- Participate in Construction Administration by reviewing and responding to RFIs, ASIs, RFPs
- Generate construction sketches with the Architect
The ideal Architectural Associate candidate must have 2-3 years of architectural work experience and a 4-year degree in Architecture or related field. Essential skills and qualities include:
- High degree of proficiency with Revit and Sketchup,
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, and rendering software
- Ability to effectively communicate in verbal and written form in English.
- Ability to think in 3D and understand and solve complex design issues.
- Ability to hand sketch to communicate design concepts.
- Ability to participate effectively in the Concept and Schematic Design process and presentation.
- Ability to read and understand Architectural and consultant construction drawings in Imperial Units
- Working knowledge of construction methods
- Understanding of common construction details and building materials
- Basic understanding of building science and sustainability.
- Basic understanding of CSI Masterformat System and ability to utilize project manual information.
- Strong collaborative and professional work ethic
- Organized and able to work within our in-house systems
- Ability to self-manage your time is a must
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, communication, and presentation skills
To apply please send resume and references to email@example.com