Dietz & Company Architects is seeking a talented Architectural Associate to add to our growing firm. Candidates must be open-minded, hard-working, detail-oriented, and proactive. The primary function of the Architectural Associate is to work collaboratively with architects and other team members to produce graphics, design documents, and client presentation materials. The role also requires:
- Developing project designs with Architects by designing and developing floor plans, sections, and elevations
- Assisting in document production, producing schematic space plans based on programmatic information, researching products and materials for project use
- Performing site / building documentation
- Producing renderings, color boards and other presentation materials
- Participating in Construction Administration by reviewing and responding to RFIs, ASIs, RFPs
- Generating construction sketches with the Architect
Essential skills and qualities include:
- High degree of proficiency with Revit and Sketchup,
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, and rendering software
- Ability to effectively communicate in verbal and written form in English.
- Ability to think in 3D and understand and solve complex design issues.
- Ability to hand sketch to communicate design concepts.
- Ability to participate effectively in the Concept and Schematic Design process and presentation.
- Ability to read and understand Architectural and consultant construction drawings in Imperial Units
- Working knowledge of construction methods
- Understanding of common construction details and building materials
- Basic understanding of building science and sustainability.
- Basic understanding of CSI Masterformat System and ability to utilize project manual information.
- Strong collaborative and professional work ethic
- Organized and able to work within our in-house systems
- Ability to self-manage your time is a must
- Excellent presentation, written, verbal, and graphics communication skills
Dietz & Company Architects is a woman-owned and 100% employee-owned company located in Springfield, MA. With over 35 years in business, we are one of the largest full-service architectural firms in Western MA and serve clients across the state in the housing, educational, hospitality, historic, and public sectors. As a community and client-focused firm, we take the time to volunteer within our community and take great pride in designing buildings that create a lasting positive impact. We are dedicated to providing a high level of service with every project, big or small.
Dietz & Company is dedicated to the growth and careers of our employees. We have an ongoing commitment to providing educational development opportunities and cutting-edge technology to our team members. Since 2018, we have been recognized by AIA New England as being an Emerging Professional Friendly Firm and we strive to provide a work environment that encourages opportunities for mentorship and professional growth. As such, we support our staff on their path to licensure with our in-house AXP mentor program and assisting them in gaining the experience they need to satisfy each of the core competencies through their participation in different project aspects and types.
We provide a competitive benefits package including:
- Participation in an employee stock ownership program after 1 year of employment
- Profit sharing
- Health and dental coverage
- 401k (with 3% Safe Harbor contribution after 1 year)
- Yearly educational allowance
- Short and Long-term disability insurance
- Life Insurance
- Continuing education opportunities
- Paid volunteer hours for community service
- Options for hybrid work schedule
Dietz & Company Architects is committed to recognizing and encouraging diversity and inclusion within our firm. We believe that diversity makes us a stronger team and that the varying backgrounds and experiences of our staff influence our designs for the better. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply please send cover letter, resume, and work samples to email@example.com