Head Teller - Retail Banking
Position: Head Teller
Department: Retail Banking
Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Branch Manager
Amount of Travel Required: Local travel as needed
Positions Supervised: Tellers and Senior Teller
Supervises the teller line. Processes various transactions to provide prompt and quality service to present and potential customers.
- Adheres to established Westfield Bank customer service standards.
- Applies the Westfield Bank Service and Sales Process during customer interaction to acquire and enhance customer relationships if applicable.
- Supervises the teller line by:
- Allocating and coordinating the work flow.
- Guiding and advising subordinates in the more complex phases of their work.
- Training new employees.
- Monitors regulatory compliance.
- Helps to ensure operational excellence
- Provides backup coverage to management team.
- Responsible for maintaining security and supply of cash vault.
- Performs teller administrative duties such as auditing tellers, money supply at teller stations, and attendance records.
- Oversees teller work for adherence to bank policy and compliance.
- Proves cash drawer at end of day.
- Leads the teller team to refer bank services and meet assigned sales goals through the sale of bank products and services to meet customers banking needs.
- Balances ATM.
- Maintains security of cash vault.
- Performs quarterly cash audits.
- Must complete BSA, AML, and other Regulatory and Continuing Education as assigned.
- Must adhere to all bank and regulatory policies and procedures specific to position.
- Performs additional duties as requested.
- Customer Focus
- Decision Making / Judgment
- People Development
- Results Focus
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 1 year experience as a Senior Teller preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to lead others.
Stand - F (Frequently)
Walk - F (Frequently)
Sit - O (Occasionally)
Handling / Fingering - C (Constantly)
Reach Outward - F (Frequently)
Reach Above Shoulder - O (Occasionally)
Climb - O (Occasionally)
Crawl - N (Not Applicable)
Squat or Kneel - F (Frequently)
Bend - F (Frequently)
10 lbs or less - F (Frequently)
11-20 lbs - F (Frequently)
21-50 lbs - O (Occasionally)
51-100 lbs - N (Not Applicable)
Over 100 lbs -N (Not Applicable)
12 lbs or less - O (Occasionally)
13-25 lbs - O (Occasionally)
26-40 lbs - O (Occasionally)
41-100 lbs - O (Occasionally)
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally) Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Occupation requires this activity from 33%-66% of the time (2.5-5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Other Physical Requirements
Westfield Bank has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
EXPIRATION DATE: 9/25/2021