Dean of Students
Competitive Salary/Comprehensive Benefit Package/$2,500.00 Signing Bonus
The Children’s Study Home is an inclusive organization. LGBTQIA+ and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply!
DEAN OF STUDENTS
The Dean of Students is responsible for providing leadership and oversight to all behavioral support staff and paraprofessionals including the development, instruction, and assessment of the codes of student conduct and behavior management policies and procedures. Additionally, the Dean of Students works with the principal in carrying out the special education/ behavioral health school’s academic and behavior programs, and works cooperatively with the principal, counselors, nurse, faculty and staff, students and parents towards a positive school climate. Essential functions include, but are not limited to: Maintaining ongoing community support for the programs and services provided by the school and developing and maintaining close working relationships with key constituents, ensuring safety protocols in school environment to include documented safety plan; and Maintaining student files with appropriate documentation required by the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE).
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, education, non-profit management or closely related area and no less than 3-5 years of experience working in educational programs
- Knowledge and experience with de-escalation/ behavior management models
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in the use of integrated software systems and Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work effectively within an ethnically, culturally and socially diverse population
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with a committee or a team