Special Education Teacher-Mill Pond Berkshires
Competitive Salary/Comprehensive Benefit Package/$2.000 Signing Bonus
The Children’s Study Home is an inclusive organization. LGBTQIA+ and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply!
The Children’s Study Home is dedicated to providing trauma-informed therapeutic and educational services to diverse children and families, building the foundation for lifelong success at home, school, and the community.
Provide education and behavior modification approaches in a small class, highly structured alternative school. The special education teacher will function as a member of a treatment team, which will address the educational, and emotional/behavioral needs of the students as set forth in the IEP and in the treatment plan. Be aware of each student’s strengths and weaknesses and be able to knowledgeably discuss their learning methods, and skills learned. Work cooperatively with the Associate Director of Educational Services in all matters concerning students and parents. Develop and operate a total academic program geared to each student’s individual level. Other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree with teaching certification or certification eligible.
- Special Education Certification or be Special Certification certifiable. If not special education certifiable, teacher is required to enroll in special education certification program prior to starting the second year of employment.
- Experience with children with emotional/behavioral challenges.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Current valid driver’s license.