Cook/Kitchen Worker-Part Time
Assist in the preparation and serving of lunch Monday through Friday. Responsible for keeping kitchen area clean and stock put away. Responsible for keeping the Food Services Supervisor informed of any out of stock items and any repairs that need to be done. Responsible for assisting in the maintenance of records required by the state.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist in the preparation and serving of meals according to the menu supplied. Responsible for assisting in the general cleanup of the kitchen, dining area and stock rooms.
- Responsible for informing the Food Services Supervisor of grocery items needed, equipment in need of repair and general concerns the staff may have regarding the Food Service Department.
- Assist in the preparation of snacks and/or lunches for field trips.
- Assist in maintaining all records required by the Department of Education, Nutrition Programs and services.
- Follow menu.
- Maintain high level of sanitation required by the state.
- Attend all mandated agency training, as well as department training.
- Must prepare food for any other activities within the agency, which require food.
- Must inform Food Services Supervisor of any requests for food or products from other departments.
- Develop Menus and submit to Program Manager.
- Assist in the development of new forms and methods involving the Food Service Department.
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent.
- Requires previous kitchen experience.
- Requires skill in effective use of English language to read, write, and speak.
- Requires the ability to lift cases of food. Requires skill in adjusting menu.
- Requires good organizational skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
Frequent periods of standing and mobility in accessing food equipment and preparation of food.
Requires the ability to lift weight equivalent to a case of food.
Requires the skill in managing time, and the ability and willingness to adapt to last minute changes in menu.
Requires knowledge of kitchen equipment. Requires skill in operating kitchen equipment such as a meat slicer, grill, etc.
Requires the willingness to keep abreast of changes in food preferences and dietary guidelines.