Community Social Worker
Competitive Salary/Comprehensive Benefit Package/$1,500 Signing Bonus
The Children’s Study Home is an inclusive organization. LGBTQIA+ and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply!
The Children’s Study Home is dedicated to providing trauma-informed therapeutic and educational services to diverse children and families, building the foundation for lifelong success at home, school, and the community.
The Community Social Worker (CSW) is responsible for providing case management and counseling services at the Holyoke Public Library including information on services and community resources, supports, referrals; and assistance to patrons of all ages who experience mental health, substance abuse, housing, and other issues that may be related to critical life functions and/or social determinants of health. The CSW uses a hybrid model with library visitors, splitting their time between being on the library floor interacting with individual customers; and doing program outreach (identifying partnerships, programs, and resources).
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or related human service field required, master’s degree in social work (MSW) or related human service field (M.Ed.) preferred
- Licensed in an area that is relevant to the work, (i.e., adjustment counselor, LCSW, LMHC etc.) preferred but not required
- Demonstrated experience/ability in case management.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in client population with emotional/behavioral problems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant clinical and community-based services and resources in Holyoke, MA
- ***Willingness to engage with children, adults, and the team.
- Must have effective communication skills to express ideas, state facts, and provide information in person/reports/correspondences
- Must have good organizational skills and be able to manage multiple projects and work effectively with others.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to work with diverse populations.
- Must have current driver’s license.